Friday, January 1, 2010

Kid Stories

Hudsen***

Is our sweet motherly little girl.


Ryan was sick coming back from Vegas (Uncle Evans Farewell) and when he came home from work the next day he went straight for the couch and laid down. Hudsen went and got him a stuffed animal to cuddle with and rubbed his head until he fell asleep.


I was trying to change the batteries for a fishing (mishing) game that Clarke got for Christmas. I couldn't find a screw driver so I used a small pocket knife. Of Course I end up cutting myself. When I said, "Ouch" Hudsen was so worried. "What happened Mom, Are you okay?" "I'm gonna get you a band aid." So she ran to the bathroom cabinet and yelled. "Do you want Little Pet Shop or Hello Kitty?"


Hudsen was looking at our Christmas cards.

Hudsen- Mom, I saw Opa's new wife.

Me- Oh, Grandma Dot?

Hudsen- Grandma Dot!? That's a funny name, but it's a good name for a Grandma.



Clarke***


Clarke is potty trained, and has been peeing in his room on the floor and getting in BIG trouble every time. But he would continue to do it and come tell me all excited that he had done it. This totally confused me. Why in the heck would he keep doing this and come tell me he had done it when he knows the outcome isn't going to be good? So the very last time he did it. I just put him straight on his bed. And put him in Time out for 10 minutes (10 minutes is really long for Clarke or any 2 year old). I didn't even yell or anything. :) So after his 10 minutes were up, I went in to talk to him calmly.
Me- Clarke, why do you keep peeing in your room?
Clarke- (In a whiny voice) "Because"
Me- "No, you need to tell me why?
Clarke- (Then he got so excited to tell me.) "Because I go up on Hudsen's bed and Pee and It goes Down Down Down.
The little stinker was peeing from off the top of Hudsens bed (She is top bunk). No wonder it was so cool and I guess worth getting in trouble for. Thankfully we have wood flooring in their room. And Thankfully he hasn't done it since.

We dropped Ryan off at work Christmas eve morning (24th) we had some last minute shopping to do so we just stayed in town. It was so early, so no stores were open yet. So we went to get Krispie Kreme donuts. We ate them in our truck in the Target parking lot. Clarke then tells me he has to go pee. Well people are now in the Parking lot and it was light out and Target was still not open. So I couldn't have him pee outside. So I found a orange juice bottle in our Truck. I help him pee in it.
Clarke- Can I drink it?
Me- No Clarke, that's disgusting.
Clarke- Can I smell it?

Teaching him how to pee in a bottle wasn't the smartest idea because he's done it twice on his own since then. :/ Just the other day he showed me he had peed in his brand new bottle of bubbles he had gotten for Christmas. I figured out he opened up his bubbles poured the whole thing into the trash can and used the bottle to pee in. Oh Boys are just crazy!!!!

8 comments:

Clark and Kristen Daniels said...

Oh my gosh that is so FUNNY!!! I love kids!

The Grimmett's said...

Your kids are hilarious. I love that Clark has a fascination with peeing. I'm still cracking up from your stories.

Camille said...

What funny/cute stories!!! Your kids are too cute!!

Sherry said...

Oh My!! Clarke is hilarious!!

Scott and Mandi said...

I was seriously laughing out loud this entire blog post!! I love your kids! They are so stinkin' cute and funny!!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

Thanks for sharing these stories! They are awesome! Those 2 kids just absolutely crack me up...

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

I love your stories! They always make my day!

Leora said...

Clarke is such a hoot! It sounds like you can't ever leave him alone! Cute boy!