Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Packed a snack

I love this picture of my boys. Clarke just turned four and he looks like a baby here. I like it. He is growing up so fast, * So for a while we were commuting to Hudsen's school after we had moved, because we wanted to keep her there until spring break. About everyday before getting on there freeway we would see a homeless man with a sign, asking for food or money to help him. Every once in a while when we'd have food or spare change we could give, we would do so. So anyways one day, we were getting ready to leave the house to go pick up Hudsen from school and Clarke says to me, "Mom, I packed the Homeless man a snack. I know that he likes raisins." :) It was so precious. He melted my heart. He had thought about this man and grabbed him a packaged raisin danish all on his own. When we got to the spot. I thought It would be a good idea to have him give it to the man, since he thought of it. So I rolled down the window and the man walked up. Once he saw Clarke he had the biggest smile. Clarke gave him his snack and the man said, Thank you so much. God bless you son. Clarke just said, your welcome. :) It made me cry, That my little son had thought to do something so kind for a complete stranger who needed help. He is such an example to me. I will never forget that day.

4 comments:

Leora said...

That is REALLY sweet. He is so thoughtful!

aubri said...

That's because you're such a good mama who teaches your son how to be such a good boy! So sweet. I just love Clarkie.

Scott and Mandi said...

SO precious. He's very thoughtful of others, just like you are. :)

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

ABSOLUTELY melts my heart. So true what the others have said-just like his mama!