Monday, September 20, 2010

Hudsen's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Our big girl starting school! She picked out her own backpack and her outfit for the first day of school.
Love this little lady.
Hudsen and her proud Daddy

So excited!!

Hudsen was so very excited to start school. Her first day was great!! I actually didn't even cry. Surprise surprise. :) I think it was because we got there just a little late because First day of school traffic was terrible!! By the time we got to her class room I gave her a hug and kiss and she went straight in. Her teacher Mrs. Thompson stopped me and asked me if I could help out for like 15 min. So I did, and knew Hudsen was comfortable and would by fine and in good hands.

After four days of being in Mrs. Thompson's half day kindergarten morning class, I receive a phone call saying they wanted to move Hudsen up to the all day K-1 class. Which is a class for the top achievers in Kindergarten, mixed in with a 1st graders. I was worried because she already had made good friends and loved Miss Thompson, and I was also worried that she wasn't ready for staying all day, but we knew we didn't want to hold her back. So the very next day, she moved into Mrs. Hoffman's class. Whom she now loves too. :) She really is an amazing teacher, who really pushes her students. The nice thing about the transition was that her best friend Gabby got moved up with her too. :)

We are so very proud of our Hudsen. Since school has started just a little over a month and a half ago. She has gotten 3 good notes sent home. 1 from Mrs. Hoffman and 2 from Principal Stewart. She was also chosen to be Student of the Day for her whole entire school a couple of weeks ago.

We love you Hudsen, and couldn't be prouder. Thank you for always being such a good girl. Love Mom and Dad.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

She is so cute. Reagan has the same backpack. Good Luck Hudesn.

aubri said...

She looked so pretty for her first day of school:) That's awesome she got moved up AND got Student of the Day! She is seriously perfect. We love her!!!

Scott and Mandi said...

How cute! Hudsen is awesome!! We love her! :)

Leora said...

She's the best little lady! I can see why you'd be so proud of her. I bet Clarke is enjoying some alone time with you too!

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

I must say I'm not suprised at how well she's doing! What an amazing little girl! You guys are such great parents! What a cute, beautiful and smart girl!

Joel Jones Furniture said...

Such a precious little girl. How wonderful that she has such a great start in school. Give her hugs for me and hope to see you all soon.