Monday, January 26, 2009

McDonalds Play Place

So every once in a while I take my kids to McDonald's to go eat and play at the play place. Yes, I know those places are disgusting but Hudsen and Clarke love it. Seriously the last two times we have gone there we have dealt with mean kids. Either hitting/pushing or saying mean things and of course their parents are no where to be found or not even paying attention. I seriously can not stand parents that don't pay attention to, or discipline their kids. It's so annoying. I know it's hard to keep an eye on your kids every minute and that kids will be kids but after like the 3rd or 4th time. It gets old.
I do actually love the fact that my kids will stick up each other and protect one another. After about 5 Minutes there I hear Hudsen saying, " Hey, don't be mean to my brother." As she hugs Clarke after he was pushed by some big kid wearing an ugly Wall-e shirt.
I'm not saying my kids are angels because they're not. But they wouldn't make it 5 seconds with out soap in their mouth, a spank, or a time out if the word "HATE" came out of their mouth towards some body.
Some lady even told her daughter (Tinker Bell shirt, who is ugly Wall-e shirts sister) That if she is nice to Hudsen, that she would buy her a doll. Now that is some good parenting.
Im not trying to make it seem like Im Mom of the Year or some amazing mom because Im far from that, but I just can't stand mean bratty kids that can do and say what ever they please. Sorry I had to vent a little. It totally bugged me.

12 comments:

Scott and Mandi said...

I think you are a great parent, Steph, and Scott and I always talk about how good you guys are at disciplining your kids. I totally get what you are saying about that too! That is one thing that REALLY bugs me too!
Also, I thought it was hilarious how to referred to the kids by their ugly t-shirts!
I love you guys!

fran said...

lol...I know what your saying. Every time I go there I have to stop a fight with another kid. I will make a note to self never to buy your son a Wall-E shirt lol

aubri said...

That makes me sad that stupid ugly wall-e t-shirt pushed Clarke! Ugh! Your kids really ARE angels. You do a great job teaching them how to interact with others which is why I'm sure you will never have that problem. Tell Hudsen and Clarke that I love them :)

Rey and Melanie said...

I love how you refer to the mean kids with their shirts(Wall-e and Tinker Bell) I can totally picture it. I too hate it when parents dont correct their kids. SO I correct them for them if they are doing something to MY kids. I'm not just going to let some mean kids push mine around. AND yes that always seems to happen when I take my kids to McDonalds too.

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

You are awesome! I love the T-Shirt description! I can really visualize the scene!
As, for parents not disciplining-pet peeve of mine. Always has been.
Hudsen is great for standing up for her brother! She can get her sassy on and I like it.

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

I loved your post! It is so true, I'm not a mom yet, so I know that I'm never allowed to give my opinion about parenting, so it was nice that I agreed with you and that you know how to be a good parent. I serioulsy have always thought that you are a great mom and have really looked up to you in that way. And go Hudsen! What a good sister!

Leora said...

LoL at "ugly Wall-e shirt!"

McDonalds always seems to bring out the special treats of human beans.

Karl & Leslie said...

And that is why we don't buy ugly character shirts:) I'm so glad hudsen said some thing I wished she would have hit him! Stupid wall-e shirt kid! Parents are weird. Alot don't know how to parent. You are awesome. Love you mana.

cory and laurel evans said...

It bugs me too when people don't watch their kids. I guess they figure since it is closed in that they don't have to parent. When I was there the other day some mom was letting her daughter (toddler)just roam around and she starting going through other mom's purses and if that was not bad enough she was eating food off the ground- if that place isn't nasty enough, I don't even want to think about eating off that floor. But I do think it is sweet how big sisters take care of their brothers.

jason and shelli said...

I can't stand undisciplined kids! I can't believe you were able to stay so calm. It sounds like you really know how to teach your kids, they seem very sweet. Give us some tips.

reyfastlv said...

Hey Steph, if Hudsen takes out the Wall-E shirt kid in defense of Clarke I'll buy her a doll.
Dad Fast

Unknown said...

alright, it is very rude to insult children's t-shirts. they are cheaper than most shirts, and kids love them.