Thursday, August 20, 2009

Babies in Heaven


I had to record this conversation I had with Hudsen. She is my sweet and curious little girl. She always has so many questions about everything. She LOVES babies and is very aware of the many sweet beautiful babies being born to lots of our friends and family members. This conversation started after her asking me if I liked a certain baby name. Hudsen is very motherly (bossy), and wants very badly to have a new baby sister or brother to help Mommy and Daddy love and care for. She has come up with some very interesting names. The ones she has thought of for her sister that I can remember off the top of my head are Hoedis, Glitteris, Merla, Mayla, Taysa, Tayson (there are so many more, she makes them up all the time. :)) And for her brother she only likes Jeffrey or Jason. ;)


The conversation went very similar to this.


Hudsen- "Mom, are there still babies in heaven that are waiting to come down?"


Me- " Yes, there are lots and lots of babies still in Heaven. Heavenly Father knows when their family is ready for them. When the time is right, Heavenly Father will put the little baby in the mommies tummy, where the baby will grow until the baby is healthy and strong enough to come out."


Hudsen- "oh...... I wonder when it's gonna be our turn."

12 comments:

fran said...

Hint Hint! Come on mom your daughter is in need here...hahaha
She is so cute!

Karl & Leslie said...

She is so cute! I Loved talking to her yesterday. It cracks me up that she is 4 and acts like she's 10! Looks like you need to get crackin! By the way I like Hoedis the best. I was going to use it but decided not to steal it from Hudsen! :) HaHa I Love that little girl! Give them both hugs & Kisses from Tia

aubri said...

Oh she is just way too precious. Hoedis and Glitteris are beautiful names :) I LLLOOOVVVEEE when you record these convos- seriously!!

Michelle said...

That is just too stinkin' cute! What a sweet little girl she is.

Rey and Melanie said...

LOL!! That is really a sweet conversation. I love how pure little kids are and the way their minds think. Oh and I hope someday to have a neice and nephew named Hoedis and Jeffrey. Thats SO freaking funny!

Rebecca said...

Creative names, Hudsen! I'm not sure how to pronounce some of those, but they are sure original.

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

I seriously could not leave a comment the first time I read this. I know, I must be a grandma-but I started crying....She is just too sweet. And such a deep thinker. Give her big hugs and kisses. Although the names are a little on the funny side :) She cracks me up.

Leora said...

Glitteris!?!? Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Co cute!

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

Ha ha ha! SO adorable! I love Hudsen! She can adopt Maci as her little sister, she was so good to her and loved seeing her the last time she was with her. She'll be a great older sister to a little baby one day!

Beach Mommy said...

Those are some creative names! You're not going to let her down are you by not picking one of them:)? Which one will it be??

Sherry said...

aw now if that doesn't make you want to have another i don't know what will!

Clark and Kristen Daniels said...

LOL..thats great. I love Glitteris! Thats too funny Steph. I guess thats Heavenly Fathers way of telling you its time again!