Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Good at secrets, but not at whispering

Today, the kids and I went out and picked out a tie and a few other things for Ryan for fathers day. I, of course, reminded Hudsen that it was a gift so we had to keep it a secret from Daddy until Fathers day. She says she wont tell him and we even pinky promised.

So after dinner we are all hangin out on the couch and Hudsen trys to whisper to me, " Mom I wont show Dad the stuff we got him."

Me- "Hudsen I told you not to bring it up." ( so now Ryan knows we got him something. and if you know Ryan he is not good at surprises and will try to guess what it is or try to have you tell him what it is or have you give it to him early. :))

Ryan kept asking Hudsen what it was and she wouldn't tell him. she kept saying , "No Dad it's a surprise." Well we have this tradition that every Fathers day we get him a new tie. So Ryan asks Hudsen, "Is it a tie" to see what she would say and she told him straight to his face, "no, we didn't get you that." She totally lied and played it off. By then I was cracking up because she straight up lied to him and was so believable. He was even convinced that we didn't get him a tie. Then she turns to me and says in a loud whisper for all to hear. "Don't worry Mom, I'm just teasing that we didn't get him a tie." :) Ryan and I just started bustin' up. At least she kept our secret right? :)

11 comments:

aubri said...

That's hilarious!! I really can't believe that she kept the secret-good job, Hudsen!!

Lacey said...

That is so funny!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

I love this story! She is such a big girl. Thanks for sharing with us! Miss you

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

That was really funny! What a cute girl!!!

Shay said...

kids are soooo funny! blake did the same thing for mother's day. i picked everything out and had my sister try to cover the whole thing up so thegirls could make it a surprise for me. when i would catch blake and my sister talking about mother's day i'd ask what they were talking about and blake would say "oh the tree" "my shoes" a blue building" anything in her view. gotta love kids!

The Grimmett's said...

So cute! You've gotta love kids!

Leora said...

Ha ha! I love that little girl!

Karl & Leslie said...

She makes me laugh! I love her! I keep laughing to my self!

Scott and Mandi said...

I was going to say EXACTLY what Leora said! Hudsen is hilarious!!

Beach Mommy said...

That is so cute! Colten did something so sililar at Pat's birthday last year so I didn't tell him what I bought Pat yet. I don't trust his loud voice. Great secret keeping Hudsen, although it might not be so good how easily and convincingly she can pull off a lie:)

Amber said...

Ok. That is seriously hilarious!